Tuesday, February 12, 2008

City Experiences

Well, I received a suggestion from a reader that they would like to hear more about my city experiences.

The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that I moved down here in the middle of August and already am on my second job. Changing jobs that quick is weird to an extent but the fact that I somehow ended up renting apartments?!?!?!?! I hardly even know this city and I am driving people around in my car pretending that I know exactly what I'm doing. To me, that is kind of ironic. People wonder how long I've lived in the city or how long I've been renting apartments..... My response? Something along the lines of"Long enough," or "quite a while." Which, to some, could seem like a lie but I don't think so. As any salesman knows you learn to stretch the truth or say certain things that are by no way a lie. If I told a client that I just got this job and have absolutely no clue what I'm doing, they would retreat. I know I would. I tell people about how cool the neighborhoods are and what restaurants are good. This is because I have heard they are cool and good, not because I have experienced them first hand. Call me a liar. I don't mind.

How is the city from Katie's experience right now? A good way to sum up the way she feels about the windy city is, surprised. She has had some horrendous experiences with the public transit. Now she has her car and is realizing how absolutely ridiculously difficult they make it on drivers.

Funny city experience of the day: I drove a client to 2 properties today and had absolutely no idea where I was going the entire time. Needless to say, he didn't rent. Do not worry loved ones, that doesn't happen a lot. I am learning the city extremely fast.

Professionally,


Dark Maniel

1 comment:

momdadtig said...

I suppose there's nothing like being a rental agent to help you learn the city! Great to read about your experiences in Denver. I'd wondered if you had seen Tyler....