Sunday, February 10, 2008

A lot has happened

Well folks I am starting to definitely slip with the blog postings and I apologize. A lot has been happening in the life of Mark Tigchelaar and I thought I would update all of my faithful followers.

The rental market is still a bit slow but starting to pick up a little bit. Today, with the wind chill, it was -30 degrees and people definitely do not want to be searching for apartments in that kind of weather. Thus, this weekend was slow. Enough about work

Last weekend I went and visited some buddies in Denver. Actually, a huge portion of my friends live in that city. Joe Westra, Kyle Hollemans, Tyler VanEps, Andy Draayer, and most recently Dan Feenstra and Drew DeVries. Three of those guys are standing up in my wedding. What is it about Denver????? Well, let's see........Mountains and sunshine are what did it for me. I arrived in Joe's apartment at about 3 AM after a horrrrrrible traveling experience and, after we did some catching up, fell asleep at about 3:45 only to wake up 10 seconds later (at about 6:30 AM) to Joe clambering around the bedroom gathering up everything we needed to make the trip up to the infamous VAIL SKI RESORT. The weather was bad but we made it and I became closer to God on that mountain. The skiing (snowboarding) was something I will never forget. There was about 2 feet of powder over the entire mountain. Joe had been out about 30 times since he had moved to Denver and said this was the best skiing he has ever seen. By far. I picked a good weekend to go. The picture is what we enjoyed the entire day. WOOOOOOOW.

The rest of the weekend was good. Lots of hanging out and relaxing with friends. We also went snowshoeing but that doesn't even hold a candle to snowboarding.

Back in Chicago: It has been great having Katie here. An adjustment of course, but great. We are learning how to talk to each other in person again, rather than through stupid wireless devices we call cellphones. Katie is adjusting to the city life. For those of you that don't know, its a challenge. The city will eat you up if you let it. Parking, Mass Transit, Prices, Directions, People. These are just some of the things that it takes time to figure out.

Thats it for know. Stay Tuned. I would like suggestions from people on what they like to hear about.

Toodles

1 comment:

Jana said...

Let's hear more about your city experiences, and I'd love to hear about it from Katie's perspective, too.