Thursday, March 13, 2008

60 Degrees

Today was my day off and it couldn't have landed on a better day. I was able to get a glimpse of why Chicago summers are so great (from my short experience and from what I've heard).


My buddy Scott called me and wondered if I wanted to join him on a bike ride. I was reluctant because it was my day off and I tend to want to sit around on my butt as much as possible. After he showed, and after I saw the sun streaming into my living room I had to take him up on the offer. We biked down to the beach and took a ride south to Navy pier where we found a spot to sit and chill in the sun for about 45 minutes. People were scattering the lake shore. Walkers, bikers, and runners came out of the woodworks. Everyones face was a little more red and and breathing patterns were a little more heavy. Definitely including mine! I had a hard time keeping up with Scott at a few points but I was fine.

Today makes me wonder how I will survive a job that requires me to work weekends.

1 comment:

momdadtig said...

Sounds like a wonderful day off!!