Sunday, October 14, 2007

decatur, il.

The interview went well and I have a second interview on Tuesday.

This weekend has been pretty good so far. At work on Friday, my buddy scott and I were exchanging text messages about our plans for the weekend. We brought up the possibility of driving down to Decatur illinois to see the volleyball team play a few matches. after some discussion we decided to leave early saturday morning and make their 11 oclock match. we made it, and i completely surprised katie. we walked in while they were playing and she obviously didn't notice because she was so intensely focused on the game at hand. they called a time out and we noticed a few of the girls looking up at us and smiling. then all the sudden katie swung her head around and looked up and noticed us. she smiled and blushed. I could see if from the bleachers. turns out, a few of the girls said, "katie i didn't know mark was coming" and she said that i wasn't. they told her to look and she did only to see her wonderful, committed, awesome fiance and his totally cool friend. It was great, I was so happy to be able to see her play for the first time this year and I know she was even more happy. We watched two matches, talked to the girls a little bit in between, and got back into the car to head back to chicago.
i was so tired from the trip that i didn't do a thing on saturday night except go to bed. now im just going to make some breakfast and ride my bike to church.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Congratulations on the second interview!

Great story about surprising Katie. Some of my best memories from when Jeff and I were dating were the times I surprised him...like England.