Monday, October 22, 2007

Oct 22


Three years ago today Katie and I went on our very awkward first date. She had no idea who I was and I definitely knew who she was but didn't know one thing about her. I had seen her about two weeks earlier for the first time and knew that I had to at least try. I remember sitting in the bleachers before a volleyball game with Joe Westra. As we did every year, we would assess the volleyball team. I spotted #6 and was overcome with emotion (just kidding, thats just too gay for me). Simply put, I thought she was HOT. These exact words came out of Joe's mouth, "dude Tig, she is totally your type. You should ask her out." So, a few weeks later, I did. "Awkwardly," according to Katie. She claims that I persisted on saying, "its not a date, its not a date." I think that was smooth because she was only a little freshman and if I would have labeled it a date she would have been scared away. I'm good.
Anyways, after I picked her up in her dorm room, and after she almost fell on her face while attempting a set of stairs, we had a good first date. One Trick Pony was good to us and so was the haunted house (she grabbed my hand in the haunted house, I felt pretty cool). We then played bags and hung out and talked in her dorm lobby. About two and a half years later I took her out to dinner at One Trick Pony knowing she'd have a ring on her finger within hours.
Now we are engaged and both of us can't wait to be married. Weird how things progress. Happy 3 year anniversary Katie. I love you.

3 comments:

momdadtig said...

Awwwww, I have tears in my eyes. For real. I'm so glad you're blogging.
mom

momdadtig said...

so happy for you guys
what a great story
looking forward to this weekend
dad

Jana said...

Awesome! Do the Tig boys have a tradition of awkward first dates? I remember that feature from my first date with Jeff.