Thursday, September 13, 2007

CTA

Chicago Transit Authority.....Not as cool as I thought.
Today was the first day of the week where I was able to drive to work instead of taking a dirty, stinky, shaky, greasy, and over-packed bus to and from work. I had been taking the bus because the keys to my car were in Michigan. Don't remember? Yeah, I admitted to my idiocy in a previous post. Anyways, Wednesday after I got out of work, I made a B line directly to the bus stop. So far so good. Waited about ten minutes. Getting impatient. But, so far so good. Twenty minutes. Mark gets very impatient. No more so far so good. Thirty minutes. Mark is pacing up and down the street. FORTY THREE minutes. A bus comes. Relief, until the bus driver starts yelling that he is stopping at the Blue Line, which is a stop about half way to my destination. He stopped at this place and forces everyone to get off because he has to take the bus back to the station. So, i end up waiting another 20-25 minutes for another bus that is expecting me to pay. no no. I paid the one bus to take me where it should of but it cut me short. I explained to the bus driver why we shouldn't have to pay while other people were just paying and walking by me. She let me go free of charge. Thats right CTA bus driver. You better recanize. Meanwhile, Tom is waiting for me and wondering why it has taken so long. I walked through our door exactly 1 hour and 19 minutes after I arrived at the initial bus stop. The distance was about 2 miles.
My new acronym for CTA is Crap Transit Authority.

5 comments:

momdadtig said...

didn't see post about keys
sorry!
cta owes you

Jana said...

Ugh...sorry. American public transit generally sucks.

jeff said...

walk

jeff said...

bike

jeff said...

moped.