Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Cubbies

Tonight I hit up a Cub's game with my buddy Scott Luecht. He met me after work at my place of employment and we took the red line (the "L") up to Wrigleyville. We waited in lines and finally made our way to the beer and hot dog stands. After this we struggled to find a spot to sit in the over crowded and over sold bleacher seats. Finally we sit down, eat our dogs, and begin working on our beers. As we settle in and begin to enjoy the friendly confines of Wrigley, Matt Murton, the Cub's right fielder looks up at the right field bleacher seats and begins the motion of throwing a ball. I stand up, begin yelling, and the ball was airborne with my name all over it. With no time to think, I simply react and reach above the others around me (with a full beer in my opposite hand) and snag the ball out of mid air. I am received with clapping, smiles, and high fives from the cub fans around me. Only at a baseball game. If only it were in Detroit with Tigers fans. Nonetheless, a great way to start a game........Cubs win.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Awesome! And bonus points for doing so with beer in hand.

jeff said...

this is too good and too magical to be true. you are a writer of fiction. aren't "'blogs" supposed to deal in factualities? clearly you were dreaming. wake up, you crazyhead.