Thursday, September 27, 2007

due for another blog

"...ps, write another blog because I like reading them." This coming from a text message written by little lady Katie.
So, here you go.
A lot has been happening lately since we've settled down in the Apt. I dont know if I can really remember all of it to inform you. First thing that comes to mind was Katie coming to visit me. It was the best weekend I have had since being down here. She was in the city to see the new Broadway musical "wicked." After the play, and after Michigan beat Penn State, I directed Katie towards the apartment. She called me about 15 times making sure she was going the right way. That night we went to Cafe Ba Ba Reeba. A local and very popular tapas bar/restaurant. Neither of us were too big of fans. Good, but very average in our world. We both enjoyed our greasy chili dog and phili cheese steaks the next night a little more than the small portions of weird food. nonetheless, we enjoyed our time. sunday was even better. we went to the beach after we bought katie a new suit from Marshalls for 10 bucks. She passed it over about 10 times until I pulled it out and made her try it on. She ended up loving it and it fit her perfect. We spent all day at North Ave Beach with the great lake in front and the perfect skyline behind us and volleyball players all around. After Katie started to burn (muhahahaha) we rode the bikes to Navy Pier and walked around. Great Day.
Besides that all I can think about is the girl I saw go over her handlebars on the way to work the other day. A car promptly pulled in front of her and she slammed the front brakes only to find out how terrible of a decision that was. Her back tire was about 8 feet in the air. I was amazed. It reminded me of the days we used to watch people from our dorm rooms slip and fall on the path at Calvin.

3 comments:

momdadtig said...

love yer blogs
keep them comin
daddyo

Jana said...

Aw, poor pale Katie. With that red-blonde hair and freckly skin, she's a shoe-in for a sunburn.

I think "small plates of weird food" should be any tapas place's catchphrase. That'll reel 'em in!

jeff said...

you are sinisterrrrmmn...

ah...one of my fav-o-rite Chi memories is being right there between the lake and the buildings, both huge...