Friday, September 21, 2007

settling down

Things are starting to settle down here and Tom and I are beginning to feel like this place is our own. Just about one full week. Last night we had a nice little romantic spaghetti dinner together. Candle lit on the table and everything. After the dinner we sat down and watched the season finale of Entourage and just relaxed. I was browsing the internet and the topic of one of my favorite musicians came up. G Love and Special Sauce. (I thank Steve for introducing him to me aboutttttt.t...... 4 years ago when we attended his concert at Calvin). Tom mentioned that he thought he was coming back to chicago within the next few days. I checked, and sure enough the concert started an hour ago no more than a full city block from our new place. I decided to put on some decent clothes and run over to see if it was sold out. It was. BUT the story doesn't end there. Some guy who noticed my disappointment came up to me and asked if I wanted some tickets. I said, "yeah man, how much." He proceeded, "free bro." I said, "are you serious man? why?" He continued to explain that he was holding onto them for someone who really wanted to see the show but didn't get a chance to. I began to tell him how I ran from my place to see if I could get a ticket. He said, "cool bro, have them, call a buddy and see the show." I was so happy. G Love for free. Those of you who know me can understand how I love saving money. But I was ready to pay. The show was awesome.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Awesome! Free G Love and also free special sauce. Nothing like free stuff to bring out the dutchman in all of us.

momdadtig said...

Cool!! Not often you get something for free...great timing! Did Tom join you?

Mark Tig said...

tom didn't. in bed

jeff said...

It all evens out...